Job: Packaging Optimization Line Engineer (POLE)
PRISM Title: Engineer/Sr. Engineer – Performance Improvement
Department: Performance Improvement
Division: Consumer Products Division
Location: Manufacturing Plant - North Little Rock
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oréal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
To coordinate and manage the industrial feasibility within the North Little Rock facility and serve as a liaison for corporate packaging and plant personnel with packaging issues. To constantly listen to the needs of the UP and support them by evaluating and managing projects focused on AC, formula, FG spec that would reduce waste, improve OEE, reduce cost and increase employee morale on the floor.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Coordinate and manage the Industrial Feasibility for UP Manufacturing finished goods;
- Act as a liaison for corporate Packaging and plant personnel with packaging issues;
- Develop and facilitate waste reduction processes as related to packaging components;
- Participate in troubleshooting of packaging component issues on the packaging lines;
- Interface with the UP with regards to global uptime for packaging components;
- Increase line efficiency with pack out changes/packaging components changes;
- Process improvements between UP & Distribution Centers regarding packaging;
- AC Reception (new items);
- Request components (if existing plant inventory);
- Ensure AC validation completed (QA/ supplier/ packaging);
- Schedule and attend line trial with UP;
- Obtain UP, IQ approval and/or comments IF document;
- Engineering meetings (participation);
- Monthly reporting for packaging;
- Determine if issues are Quality versus Conceptual;
- Propose Packaging changes with positive impact on production line OEE;
- Propose Packaging-in solutions to reduce plant transportable waste;
- Propose PF specification optimizations (ex: pallet pattern, fill modifications);
- Other duties as instructed by manager and the demands of the business.
- Sustainability: ensure long term quality and performance in compliance with sustainability objectives (waste, etc.).
- Active engaged in the safety initiatives in the plant (MESURE, SIO, etc.)
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent experience, required;
- 1-3 / 3-5 (Sr.) years of experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Strong quality experience in a manufacturing background preferred;
- Knowledge of AC-production process
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Strong PC Skills utilizing Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and related MS Office Software
- Strong English oral and written communication skills, French a plus.
- Statistical analytical skills, trouble-shooting skills.
- Work flexible hours/shifts, as needed;
- Production machinery may produce noise levels that exceed OSHA’s action level: Employees are provided with and are required to wear personal hearing protection devices in these areas;
- Employees are required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including safety glasses, hairnets, gloves and steel-toed shoes.
Technical / Professional:
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies;
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner;
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions;
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,;
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results;
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills;
- Results oriented;
- Must be willing to travel overnight.
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.