The Facilities Technician needs to be able to fill multiple roles to meet the demanding requirements of a manufacturing facility that operates 24/7. The successful must be willing and able to train into additional roles. The work requires repair and maintenance of all utilities and buildings, including compressed air, steam, water, HVAC, and Industrial Waste Water systems.
Educational / License / Certification Requirements
- High school education or GED equivalency required;
- Forklift certification or ability to obtain certification
- Complete Hazmat training
- AR Plumbing License
General Job Duties
- Maintain main boiler room;
- Maintain AWARE dock;
- Maintain reverse osmosis water system;
- Conduct and log hourly equipment readings;
- Perform equipment maintenance;
- Sort and ensure recyclable waste goes to proper destination;
- Perform plant maintenance tasks as assigned;
- Oversee and perform grounds maintenance;
- Complete hourly/daily computer and paperwork;
- Clean equipment using various chemicals and cleaners and perform various other custodial responsibilities;
- Perform other duties as directed.
Tools and Equipment Used In Job
- Number of hand tools, such as wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, etc;
- Number of light power tools;
- Ground maintenance tools;
- Large equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks;
- Work from ladders and elevated platforms.
- Machinery may produce noise levels that exceed OSHA’s action level: Employees are provided with and required to wear personal hearing protection devises in these areas;
- Raw materials and cleaning products may produce potential respiratory hazards: Employees are provided with and may/must wear aprons, gloves, face masks, or respirators when appropriate;
- Moving machinery, such as forklifts: Employees required to operate a forklift must successfully complete forklift operator training;
- All employees are provided with and required to wear safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, and 100% cotton uniforms;
- All employees are properly trained in the use of adjunct lifting/moving equipment and proper body mechanics.
MANIPULATION REQUIREMENTS: (HANDS OR FEET) This position requires an individual to constantly perform one and/or all of the following movements/functions: Handle, reach, feel, perform fine motor manipulations with their hands, and perform gross motor manipulations involved in assembly and maintenance of machinery, moving equipment, and other objects.
- Read and understand specific instructions;
- Work independently, make decisions, and use adequate time management skills;
- Perform the physical demands listed in the “Physical Demands” section;
- Obtain working knowledge of boiler room operations, waste recycling procedures, reverse osmosis water systems, and other aspects of plant maintenance;
- Communicate well with supervisors and other employees;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Work well as a team member;
- Attend follow up training;
- Have the visual/auditory acuity to see equipment readings and to hear warning alarms;
- Be able to work flexible hours/shifts, including overtime and weekends;
- Demonstrate good attendance.
Marginal Job Duties
- Lift in excess of 75 lbs.
- Must produce World Class Results through teamwork.
- Must selflessly develop others.
- Must thrive within a changing organization.
- Efficiently produce quality cosmetics in the right quality at the right time for L’Oreal USA customers.
- Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive.
- Must act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
- Must manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return.
- Must demonstrate a 100% responsibility and not make excuses or cast blame.
- Must implement and utilize the NLR L’Oreal USA communication model.
- Resolve conflicts directly.
- Must listen for understanding.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must be committed to team decisions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.