Función del empleo: Operations
Tipo de puesto: Permanent
Tipo de empleo: Full - Time
Localización: Florence, KY
País: United States
Forklift Operators are accountable for the physical movement and the computer system transactions for all materials in the manufacturing warehouse and production / pre-weigh areas. This includes receiving incoming vendor deliveries, verifying receipt quantities and related documentation, completing all computer entries using L’Oréal’s warehouse systems (SAP and Flexnet) and completing all associated paper work. A forklift operator must be able to locate all incoming merchandise using L’Oréal’s warehouse systems (Flexnet). They must be able to physically and logically move all components or chemicals as required supporting manufacturing and processing. Forklift Operators must maintain a safe work environment, follow all safety procedures, and complete all physical demands listed in the “Physical Demands” section using safe ergonomic techniques. Specially assigned and trained employees will handle hazardous waste and manage the hazardous waste area, be responsible for documentation computer entries and inventory. Other specially assigned and trained employees will handle UPS, debit memos, and ADI’s (destructions). Forklift Operators in charge of AGVs must be capable of independently monitoring EWMS system and intervening to resolve issues with AGVs and make sure they are performing at a level 4 Safety/Maintenance/Operations following training, this consists of classroom time and hands on training.
Section 3: Job Requirements:
High School Diploma or GED;
Warehouse experience preferred;
Good math and communication skills;
Work flexible hours/shifts, including overtime;
Problem solving skills;
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making:
Decisions made by the Forklift Operator can directly impact Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Environment and Morale. They must make these decisions with only intermittent involvement from Supervision based on the knowledge gained from their trainings.
Safety: Fully supports an independent safety culture and works proactively to accomplish the safety mission in the plant of Zero Accidents.
Quality: Supports and embraces the quality mission of the plant.
Delivery: The ability of the operator to meet the production demands ensures that our customers receive our products on time.
Cost: Operate according to the productivity standards ensure that cost to produce is aligned with the financial commitments.
Environment: Supports and embraces the environmental mission of the plant.
Morale: Must be an actively engaged employee exhibiting a positive attitude and a focus on teamwork to achieve best in class results.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements:
Must be certified to operate a forklift;
Occasional lifting up to 40lbs;
Continuous movement in the warehouse
Section 6: Financial Scope:
Annual Budget Responsibility: $N/A
Annual Revenue Responsibility: $N/A
Section 7: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities % of time spent.
Total should = 100%
1. Physically and logically move all components or chemicals as required to support manufacturing and processing (Retrieval for Pkg floor, retrieval for Pre-weigh, AGV Chasing function, supply of exchange rack, etc.)
Locate all incoming merchandise using L’Oréal’s warehouse systems (Flexnet) (Sample as necessary, utilize Putaway function in Flexnet)
2. Receives incoming vendor deliveries, verifies receipt quantities and related documentation. Completes all computer entries using L’Oréal’s warehouse systems (SAP and Flexnet) and complete all associated paper work.
3. Load finished good pallets onto trailers following trailer safety guidelines and ensuring accurate scanning to proper destination.
4. Complete cycle counts as required.
5. Train temporary staff in the areas of Safety and Quality. Provide work instruction for temporaries.
6. Investigate anomalies with inventory movements, receipts, etc. using computer inventory system.
Section 8: Required Competencies:
1. Must demonstrate 100% responsibility.
2. Must have a technical aptitude with a willingness to learn flows operations, including AGV operation.
3. Must produce World Class Results through teamwork, selflessly developing and training others for success.
4. Must have a positive attitude and be open to new ideas and concepts.
5. Must thrive within a changing organization requiring the need to multi-task.
6. Must listen for understanding and communicate using the Who, What, When, Where and How model.
7. Must resolve conflicts directly and be committed to team decisions.
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.