For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
We are recruiting the Head of Color USA who will work transversally on Make Up and Hair Color categories. The person will join L’Oréal R&I US and be reporting locally into the R&I US Development Hub Leader and operationally into the Global Head of Color Métier. The person will work cross-functionally with multiple internal teams as well as external partners in North & South America. Just to name a few of the internal teams, they will work with Development and Application Domains in the Make Up Lab and Hair Color Lab, Evaluation, Augmented Beauty Métier, Raw Material Department, CMI, and DI… located in all R&I Hubs in Americas (USA, Brazil) in close collaboration with the International Color Community.
The person is responsible for the strategy of Color in USA that is aligned with the global Color strategy and locally adapted to US & Americas.
The principal mission of this role will be to create and lead a transversal Color activity (strategy, team and project portfolio), in order to:
- Provide to consumers the best performing and most relevant colors and the best personalized services and products for Make Up and Hair Color products
- Establish our brands as trend setters for new color and optical effects
- Propose a strategic roadmap aligned with local and global objectives
- Propose and build a local organization of Color in US
- Build a local network of external partners with Centers of Excellence in Color (academia, startups, Fab Labs, suppliers…) and initiate joint projects
- Build the Color Intelligence team by recruiting Top Talents in Color Science
- Understand our competitor’s strategy in Color and monitor them closely
- Lead the co creation of trends by catching and creating transversal color trends for makeup and hair color with all partners (agency, DMI, zone, operations, and FBI for make up)
- Build knowledge programs on Color by leveraging Design Thinking/Consumer Centric approaches to deliver relevant shade ranges and accurate product position
- Bachelor's level degree in science or engineering is required.
- Masters / PhD in a natural science (Biology, Chemistry, etc) or engineering (Chemical, Biomedical, Material Science) is preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience in formulation within Cosmetic Category required.
- Experience with Make Up and/or Hair Color products, preferred.
- Strong technical background in formulation.
- Familiarity with testing methodology and procedures.
- Fluency is French is a plus.
- Good management skills, leading and developing a team of scientific professionals.
- Viewed as a leading innovator and leader in the industry.
- Able to articulate and implement a vision and motivate team members to achieve department goals & objectives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.