Co-Op – Analytical Chemistry
The Analytical Chemistry department utilizes assorted techniques to provide solutions to various departments in Research and Innovation. Working collaboratively with international colleagues and local research teams, the department conducts a variety of analysis ranging from routine testing of raw materials to verify adherence to L’Oreal specifications and local regulations to complex molecular characterizations associated with Advanced Research projects. The team also operates an OTC stability program that assigns expiration dating to all new OTC formulas launched in North America and develops new methods to improve the understanding of the effects of our products on hair, nail and skin.
This position will work on executing existing analytical methods for a joint project with the Evaluation Department and or implementing a new technique for the screening of raw materials.
- Safely and effectively execute analytical testing related to specific projects
- Conduct initial statistical analysis of data to assure accuracy and identify trends
- Prepare data tables and graphs to communicate results
- Maintains laboratory notebook in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Currently enrolled in an ACS accredited B.SC. chemistry program
- Recommendation from department chair or chemistry professor
- Experience working in a laboratory environment and familiarity with basic analytical techniques
- Familiar with statistical data analysis a must
- Good communication (written/oral), and organizational skills required
- Knowledge of cosmetic industry and the properties of hair, skin and nail a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.