ABOUT THE JOB
We are seeking a Category Analyst to join our Business Development team in the Professional Products Division. You will deliver strategic insights from available data sources across our portfolio of brands. You’ll put your BP skills to work in a fast-paced, collaborative atmosphere as you deep dive into our data and deliver insights to our function teams in Professional Products.
• Collect/analyse sell-in/sell-out data - shape and disseminate analyses and synthesize to help decision makers to drive business activity, identify risks and opportunities.
• Forecasting – working in collaboration with our commercial and marketing teams to ensure Division business building accuracy by following and challenging KAMs sales monthly forecasts, on baseline promotions and launches - analyse and insight to flow from reporting.
• Conducts RGM analysis with multifunctional teams (marketing, brand, commercial, BD, Finance, CMI). Combines internal & external, financial and not financial data - Maintains average consumer prices and Pack price architecture (Category, Product, Channel & Customer mix management; Promotional schemes and ROI per brand, account, pack type ; Retail selling story and trading terms management)
• Creates and drives all relevant stakeholders on promotion tools - Designs and updates tracking tools of RGM performance (Performance dashboard, implementation of RGM initiatives)
• Shares best practices, new analyses performed in the country
• Carry out one-off / targeted studies (countries / products / segments)
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of analytics and data processes
• You love business and its possibilities through understanding of the numbers
• You are a great communicator and build internal and external relationships easily
• You have 3+ years previous experience within a similar role within a similar environment
• You are a hands-on Business Analyst who thrives in an unstructured, face paced and creative environment.
• Data competency – the ideal candidate is adept at using statistical programming languages e.g. R or Python, to analyse large data sets
• You are proactive, have strong attention to detail, able to work independently and strive for success
ABOUT THE PERKS
• Attractive base + bonus + profit share + product allowance
• Hybrid working – WFH and from our newly renovated St Kilda Rd office
• Career development opportunities – Learning weeks| regular Connect conversations |Weekly webinars
• Product allowance/discount across entire L’Oreal portfolio of 31 brands
• Staff shop | Onsite gym | Sustainable café
• A collaborative and inclusive workplace culture
• Work-life balance – Summer Hours (2pm finishes on a Friday!) | Lots of Leave (extra week leave)
• Volunteering leave | Life Insurance and Income Protection
ABOUT L’ORÉAL AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND
L'Oréal Australia & New Zealand is part of the L'Oréal Groupe, with 31 brands present in Australia. For over a century we have been dedicated to one sole vocation: creating beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity. And because we are the global leader in beauty, we are aware that everything we do can have a meaningful impact, and everyone at the L'Oréal Groupe has a common purpose – to create the beauty that moves the world.
L'Oréal Australia & New Zealand is a supporter of reducing barriers that exist due to traditional working practices and therefore flexible work arrangements will be considered for this role. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. We are an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and a Family Friendly Workplace (Parents At Work & UNICEF). We hold a Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan and we acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the lands on which we work and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.