ABOUT THE JOB
Reporting to the Divisional Financial Controller, role will take full responsibility for the financial management of the daily sales, monthly sales forecast and budget/planning and commercial contracts. You will mainly work with commercial function and manage the trading terms and customer contracts. You will be also required to manage relationships a wide variety of stakeholders to prepare annual budgets and revised quarterly budget and monthly financial forecast. Commercial Controller has customer’s ownership, manage multiple brands with big portfolio, and therefore requires a strategic mind-set & ability to thrive in a dynamic environment. You will be driven by delivering financial insight to enable sustainable growth whilst ensuring that internal controls are respected at all times.
· Interpreting financial results through maximising financial systems (Compass, Boost, SAP) and providing actionable insight on customer P&L’s, sales growth analysis, gross margin analysis, customer trade margin and sell-in/sell-out data
· Business planning & optimisation:
- Preparation of Brand and Customer Budget/quarterly revised budget and monthly financial forecasts
- Monitoring of in-month tracking sales and discount/promotions based on customer contract and trading terms.
- Manage cost of sales and gross margin.
· Customer/commercial contracts and trading term management
- Maintaining a large volume of customer/commercial contracts and trading terms.
- Validating renewal and new contracts and manage through P&L.
· Business partnering:
- Using the L’Oréal knowledge as well as market& financial expertise to understand, improve & challenge overall effectiveness of the business
- Projects: lead and be part of all project of commercial and leading financial projects relating commercial and category.
- Monitoring of in-month tracking gross-to-net and gross margin.
· Internal Control:
- Ensure group norms are respected at all times
- End-to-end deal-to-cash management with customers
· Management of junior controllers
· Provide finance training and development to commercial team and other stakeholders
- years post-qualified experience
- You will have SAP experience and Advanced Excel skills with experience of scenario modelling
- You will have a commercial mindset demonstrating practical business acumen with experience providing business insights
- You demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in your workstyle,
- You will be able to work well under pressure with multiple competing deadlines and changing challenges
- You will have the ability to review high volume information output for accuracy and plausibility, detecting and reconciling anomalies quickly
· You will be highly organised with strong prioritisation skills
ABOUT THE DIVISION
L’Oréal Professional Products are found in salons worldwide. The brands meet every conceivable style, shape and colour need, as well as offering superb general hair care.
L'Oréal Australia and New Zealand are part of the L'Oréal Group – the world's largest pure beauty company with over 100 years of history and experience. We are a passionate team in a growing market, working to deliver our mission of Beauty for All through our local portfolio of 29 brands in Australia and 19 brands in New Zealand.
L’Oréal is leading the revolution of the beauty industry, focusing more on emerging technologies & digital transformation for its consumers in a world that is changing rapidly.
L’Oréal is a supporter of reducing barriers that exist due to traditional working practices and therefore flexible work arrangements will be considered for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, religious beliefs or disability.
Follow us on Instagram @lorealaustralia
Follow us on Twitter