The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 36 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
Education Director - L’Oreal Professionnel
Reporting to the General Manager of L’Oreal Professionnel, the L’Oréal Professionnel Education Director in the UK will be the education leader in line with the L’Oreal Professionnel strategy, contributing to overall growth of the brand portfolio. You will oversee, guide, develop and consolidate education priorities in order to respond to market needs.
The Education director is responsible for the leadership of the UK education team, which includes a team of regional education managers, to ensure an inspirational and progressive education plan for both our direct and indirect channels, delivered by both salon artists and our own team, as well as creating new programmes that put L’Oréal Professionnel at the forefront of education excellence.
• Lead the UK education team to deliver the most inspiring education programme both in salon and through various business and creative seminars across haircare, styling and colour
• Continuously raise the profile of education, winning the hearts and minds of our pro community by bringing new dynamic innovative ways through which we educate, motivate and inspire our customers and teams.
• Have the capacity to drive and maximise efficiencies through relentless pro services in colour and pragmatic approach to retail to achieve a 360º approach to the brand.
• Foster collaboration and information amongst the team maximising and defining the education local brand strategy in the local market in line with the international brand positioning.
• Contribute to growth by driving social and digital channels, new product launches and pillar products through flawless education execution.
• As a leader and people developer you inspire others not only through your knowledge and technical capability but through a deep and authentic connection you build with those you work with.
• You lead the digital and social education transformation by modernising our creative world.
• Continuously guide education development, mobilise other departments to support education strategies bringing about new ways of thinking and working to re-energise and modernise the sector.
• Development of expertise and know-how is leveraged across the hairdressing community by always inspiring and delivering education to the highest standards.
• Talent Development, you develop a cross-brand team (at various levels) enabling them to reach their goals and objectives.
• Deploy a robust education programme with high reach and impact via blended learning methods nationwide with strong regional proximity.
• Inspire, develop and grow LP artistic community and engagement measured by brands key performance indicators.
• Focus on growth, conquest and developing the industry.
• To work with our Events team and artists on an annual basis for our Color Trophy, responsible for the judging and briefing process overall
• Work closely with the London commercial team to develop the best possible programme by territory for existing customers, as well as optimising collaboration on conquest
• Ensure use of systems that give close control on revenues, costs and profitability
• Key involvement in design, implementation and evaluation of the recruitment and induction process for the L’Oreal Professionnel Education team.
Organised: You love a list and have strong planning and organisation skills – with the ability to re-prioritise as required.
Measured: We want to track the success of our campaigns and initiatives so projects must be able to show ROI.
Accurate: You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
Entrepreneurial. Every day, you spot opportunities to drive growth for our brand and our customers, making sure the good name of our brand is always protected.
Super creative: Whether it be in overcoming challenges or creating artwork for your channel, creativity is our back bone, and we love new ideas.
Proactive and Open: L’Oreal is for the pioneers, which means embracing new ideas, challenges and change with positivity and a hands on approach.
Teams are the new heroes: There is no better feeling than being part of a successful and dynamic team, so even if you are Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes.
Only Human: we all make mistakes, but you are not afraid of failure. You learn and show how the experience has helped the business learn for the future and benefitted all.
Ambitious: You crave success and L’Oréal is the ultimate place to achieve your dreams. We will support you all the way and make sure you have the support and development in place to help you succeed.
You. You are real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you will feel right at home whoever you are.
• Expertise in both L’Oréal Professional Products Division and L’Oréal Professionnel
• Passionate about education and able to create strategic vision for L’Oréal Professionnel which challenges the status quo
• Ability to work on own initiative and define priorities that meet the strategic needs of the business
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels, and ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
• Ability to understand our customer’s needs both from a business and a creative perspective and exceed expectations
• Management of budgets and able to drive cost efficiencies where appropriate
• Able to manage and lead a diverse team and inspire creativity and modernity
• Proven organisational skills, together with the ability to prioritise and adapt within a changing environment.