When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
Being part of the Active Cosmetics Division will give you direct influence in achieving our mission: to help everyone in their quest for healthy and beautiful skin.
We’re the world leader in dermocosmetics, with international skincare brands recommended by health care professionals and distributed in healthcare outlets worldwide, including, pharmacies, drugstores, medi-spa and e-retailers.
Our portfolio is composed of 6 brands offering a range of skincare and haircare across the world; Vichy, CeraVe and La Roche-Posay being just a few. The products respond to all expectations linked to beauty and health of the skin: from dermatological and aesthetics skincare to natural solutions, from the most accessible ranges to the most premium ones.
Seeking an exceptional, experienced, and dynamic Senior Product Brand Manager to build the future success of our exciting and fast-expanding CeraVe brand within our highly complimentary ACD skincare brand portfolio, working alongside the Brand Business Direction to deliver sustainable, long-term growth.
• Build, lead and execute the annual brand plan, implement new while animating & driving growth behind the core catalogue aligned with the overall brand strategy
• Work with the Retail Brand Mgr/Online Brand Mgr to ensure we have bespoke brand plans with our existing retailers and new and diverse retailers, to ensure acceleration and growth across our full portfolio
• Collect and analyse product performance, consumer / market insights and competitor activities in order to make informed recommendations to management.
• Scope and size new launches, ensuring the right price point for our market while considering the P&L
• Identify and monitor marketing mix strategies (Online & Offline) to build integrated, engaging consumer-first brand experiences
• Deliver data driven insights to optimise communication material consistently throughout and ensure all activities are in line with the medical brand equity
• Support Brand General Manager on media strategy and work closely with media agency to plan full funnel media spend including TV, digital and partnerships
• Manage and coach team members (ABM, Intern), ensuring each individual has a development plan in place to build and grow their skill-set and potential
• Work closely with the communications and digital team leads to ensure all PR and online opportunities are maximized
• Mobilise and work with other departments (medical communications, visual merchandising, sales, supply, training etc.) and partner agencies to support our medical first business strategy
• Accurately input, manage and track the brand budgets for your franchises
• Work closely with the supply and commercial teams ensuring forecast accuracy on NPD and stock availability
• Day to day portfolio catalogue management: Managing artwork, discontinued products
• Planning, attending and presenting at internal & external meetings, such as retailer meetings and ACD conference days to energise the audience behind our plans and vision
• Experience preferably within a consumer driven and fast past sales environment, e.g FMCG background
• Comfortable with managing full funnel big media spend – TV, digital (social, programmatic), partnerships
• Educated to at least a degree level
• Highly entrepreneurial mindset – autonomy, strategic thinking and collaboration are critical to drive our brand
• Vision – able to create and develop strong brand visions and action plans, taking the lead on motivating the wider business
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and excellent presentation skills, able to influence and inspire any audience
• Knows how to manage the complexity in terms of number of interlocutors, projects, timelines, meeting presentations
• Self-motivation and strong organisation skills to be able to work autonomously to drive brands success
• Resilience and flexibility – the ability to adapt & stay positive in the face of dynamic and changing business and market demands
• Creativity – able to create innovative, cost-effective solutions, to drive the best ROI whilst maintaining brand equity
• Strong analytical skills and good commercial acumen, to enable you to work closely with the commercial and finance teams
• Experience in launching products – from sizing to market: with a 360 consumer-centric viewpoint
• A strong sensitivity to the dermatological skincare market, with a keenness to develop understanding for the different category dynamics
• Digital orientation - to grow awareness and engagement online across multiple platforms; pure media, social, and .co.uk.
• Potential to successfully lead people: empowering & coaching them to be their best every day
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.