Senior Product Manager - Matrix & Biolage - FTC - PPD
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
The Professional Products Division is universally known for exclusively supplying salons and other professional customers with the most advanced technologies in hair, skin and beauty products. Thanks to our global brands like L'Oréal Professional, Kerestase, Redken , Pureology, Matrix & Biolage across the world, we provide professionals and consumers with better, safer and more sustainable professional haircare, experiences and services.
You are in charge of driving the accelerated growth of our hair care brands and category, leveraging 2 highly-relevant consumer shifts: naturally-inspired Biolage and Gen Z-recruiting Total Results. You are the owner of the complete hair care marketing scope, and will drive the promising ecommerce potential for both brands. This role reports into the Marketing Manager for Matrix & Biolage, and has 1 direct report.
• Define the strategy and the channel-based marketing plan for the category, responsible for delivering annual brand targets (e.g. market share, sell-in, sell-out, rankings)
• Build, execute and monitor strong portfolio strategy (new launches, pillar products’ renewal and animation of core catalogue) including defining the pricing strategy, promotional plans, marketing campaigns.
• Own and implement all launches by developing innovative and highly creative 360 marketing plans rooted in consumer insights and digital marketing trends to influence and nudge consumers across the journey.
• Work closely with the Marketing Manager to define the brand media strategy and briefs (angle, strategy, audience, marketing objectives). Implement campaigns from creative execution to performance media optimization in real time
• Deliver excellent brand execution across all channels, both online & offline, with a multi-channel view
• Work and challenge agencies to create digital-first cut-through contents that elevate the brand quality
• Partner & negotiate with eNAMs to maximize online retailer opportunities, positioning Matrix and Biolage as the brands to recruit new customers into professional hair care.
• Develop compelling online marketing plans to improve brand execution and sales performance. Drive brand presence via ratings & reviews, A+ content, CRM, promotions and on-site activations, social media and influencer partnerships to deliver on customer acquisition and retention KPIs
• Create Media content and build close relationship with Essence, media agency
• Collaborate with commercial teams supporting distributor partners to maximize brand penetration through launches and pillar animations, while ensuring key brand campaigns are perfectly executed across salons, stores & B2B ecommerce channels in the UK & Ireland.
• Drive efficiencies and innovation within the hair care budget, monitoring that marketing investments support brand strategy, sustainability and ROI
• Own product forecasting, from launch forecast submissions to monthly forecasting, delivering on forecast accuracy targets for each channel
• Deliver gross margin improvement, managing product mix and pricing strategies
• Monthly reporting on brand performance (sell-in, sell-out, distribution, consumer awareness rankings, all key performance indicators)
• Monitor media campaign ROI analysis to ensure investments drive key brand targets
CATEGORY & MARKET EXPERTISE
• Work closely with CMI department and ongoing competitor, marketing & product trend research to develop a deep understanding of local consumers, generating new insights. Use these insights to influence Zone/DMI product & campaign development, but also local plans and activations
• Contribute to the global brand strategy with international teams and Zone, continuously paving the way in innovative go-to-market strategies and perfect brand execution
• Collaborate and maximize brand opportunities by working closely with Matrix Colour Pod, Trade & Digital Managers, Assistant OBMs, Commercial & Education teams, as well as PR & Communications teams in UK & Ireland.
• Develop strong talent within the team, leveraging L’Oreal and Matrix/Biolage values
You should be adept at working at all levels from senior management to retailers and wholesale partners.
A strong digital marketing and ecommerce background delivering growth for your brands
A Passion for social, influencer & digital marketing
Experience in designing strategies, excellence in implementing creative and innovative campaigns
Advanced skills in interpreting and reporting on data and insights
Excellent presentation and communication skills – written and verbal
Strong negotiator and highly organised with prioritisation skills
Creative and agile thinker and thrive in a changing environment, with a track record in providing solutions to business problems
The ability to work autonomously and to tight deadlines and maximize budget
Strong relationship management and collaboration skills
Energetic and enthusiastic with a team spirit
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Exceptional attention to detail
Strong analytical ability and proven project management experience
Preferred: experience using all Amazon tools & platforms
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.