Senior Product Manager – Youth To The People (YTTP)
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
If you join the L’Oréal Luxury Division, you’ll directly contribute to providing our consumers the best products and brand experience by making it unique for them.
Thanks to our strong, balanced and complementary portfolio we are able to meet the needs of every consumer, at every price level.
Our portfolio makes up 26 brands of which 17 are global, including the highly-aspirational and multi-expert ones such as Lancôme, Yves Saint Laurent and Giorgio Armani. Our incredible strength comes from allowing us to win in any environment; the most important one being the teams, which are talented, diverse, committed, passionate in every region, country, department, and function.
YTTP is the latest acquisition from the division – a niche vegan cruelty free and prograde skincare brand sustainably made in California, with cult products like their Superfood cleanser, #1 cleanser at Sephora in the US, Canada and Australia!
It is a start up to be launched in the Luxe division in the very exciting Luxe American Brands business unit (Kiehl’s, Urban Decay, IT Cosmetics). The vision for this brand is to become an accelerator of change for the division and l’Oreal with its activist DNA and willingness to change the world with their products and the help of their strong community.
“With true values, and a relentless dedication to product, our dream was to build a company that would create a positive impact on the world. Skincare may be the medium, but YTTP has always been a mindset, a way of being and challenging yourself while uplifting others to go after what they love. YTTP is skincare for all. All Skin tones, all pronouns, all identities, all ages, all passions.. All People.” Greg & Joe, YTTP founders
As Senior Product Manager you will be responsible for the brand integration and the planning, execution and follow-up analysis of the YTTP brand strategies in the UK. You will be the key role of the brand integration to the UKI and then be responsible for driving the long-term vision of the brand, whilst working directly with the Brand Business Director to align on the overall brand vision and narrative. Alongside this you will represent the UK needs with the founders’ team and Zone, elevating the UK as a key driver of projects on the brand globally.
• Manage the brand integration to the UKI until the launch by working closely with legal and scientific on product artworks and all content (education, website, campaign, etc.), with CMI on positioning and launch strategy, with demand planning on forecasts, with education on the brand narrative and services and advocacy on content strategy, with retail expression on the pop-up launches.
• Work extremely closely and build strong relationships with the US integration team and the founders' team to help develop our brand narrative in the UKI and our product catalogue, feeding best practices and local consumer insights.
• Build consumer knowledge working closely with CMI and the CDMO team. Translate these consumer insights into tangible actions for Engagement, Activation, media agencies, and Training team.
• Manage the 360 for product launches or new retailer openings from the forecast and strategy through the communication on results as well as launch tracking liaising with the Logistic team
• Build and own the paid media strategy for the brand focusing on building awareness of the brand through boosting advocacy content. Deliver the media campaigns and manage day to day relationship with the media agency.
• Own ongoing and new launches forecasts, from competitor benchmarking to working closely with Demand Planning and commercial on sizing, always keeping Youth To The People’s sustainability commitment in mind.
• Build a strong monthly reporting system on pillars, direct competition and key relevant trends for the wider business.
• Manage the approval and delivery of future product artworks and brand campaigns, liaising with the founders’ team, Legal & Scientific - influence the scientific assessment performed by the US integration team to ensure artworks & formulas are compliant with the UK and avoid any local rework for sustainability reasons.
• Understand ROI and the effectiveness of PPP spend and activity, owning the budget for sampling, testers, media
• Present the brand and its latest innovations in key meetings such as Retailer Strategy Meetings, Sales Drives, etc., bringing the products to life and making people dream!
• Support the Brand Business Director in building strategic presentations
• Entrepreneurial spirit, with experience in a fast paced and changing environment
• Engaged approach and a wish to make a positive impact on the world through your brand
• Experience in working on a fast-growing brand, with strong skincare expertise & an eye for Luxury
• Very strong analytical skills
• Strong Communication skills – written and verbal
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong negotiator
• Highly organised with prioritisation skills
• An empathetic collaborator – quick to understand other people’s needs and motivations, and how to engage them
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.