Job Title: Director of Performance Improvement
Reports To: Plant Mgr
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain. Come join our dynamic team!
What You Will Do:
Responsible for leading and sustaining the manufacturing plant’s continuous improvement culture while partnering with cross-functional leadership and team members to reach targeted business and operational goals through Lean and Six Sigma techniques. The focus as a continuous improvement leader is to train, coach, and mentor team members and co-workers on a range of skills from tactical improvement techniques to overall strategy. Oversees PI team, coaches, trains, evaluates staff to drive culture of empowerment and capabilities. Responsible for developing the plant strategy for the long-term plant vision in delivering manufacturing excellence results. Responsible for performance data analytics and benchmarking.
- Lead the Continuous Improvement transformation of the plant in alignment with the corporate CI program.
- Develop and update CI training materials. Directly provide formal and informal lean training (six sigma, Kaizen, etc.). Coach and guide trainees to accelerate execution and completion of black/green belt projects.
- Supervises Performance department team and provides ongoing coaching, support, training, and development. Provides departmental/plant direction to independently execute projects.
- Lead cross-functional implementation teams utilizing Six Sigma and lean manufacturing tools in executing Continuous Improvement processes including cost reduction activities. Help the organization identify improvement opportunities that reduce/eliminate non-value-added activities within production and business processes.
- Determine financial impact of process improvements
- Lead and support project team to solve complex problems
- Identify and lead Continuous Improvement opportunities, define scope, and project goals.
- Communicate project objectives and metrics, resolve barriers, and monitor lean initiatives.
- Coordinates and/or executes specific skill training for management teams in cooperation with HR.
- Develops a CI roadmap/master plan annually for the entire facility, and provides assistance for the execution (facilitation, coordination, visualization).
- Proactively collaborates with regional/network and local CI Managers from other plants across categories/countries to communicate the global benchmarking methodology. Supports regional/network CI Manager on benchmarking best practice database.
- Ensures technical excellence and consistent approach with common language and toolsets.
- Develops strong technical network with engineers and technicians in/out of plant.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks and projects as outlined by management.
What We Are Looking For:
- 7 + years of manufacturing experience with proven ability to drive continuous improvement programs, assess progress, and set a path to high performance.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and cause positive cultural change within teams or organizations. Able to influence and motivate people with diverse skills and experiences to achieve excellent results. Self-motivated to resolve issues and follow-through to completion (especially complex technical or capability issues). Lead the operation to deliver benchmark manufacturing results.
- Technical knowledge of manufacturing. Ability to identify and eliminate defects and losses across the Supply Chain. Able to effectively start up new lines, operations, or new initiatives.
- Able to combine assertive initiative with professional discipline and demeanor to accomplish difficult tasks through other people.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including experience in statistical analysis coupled with the ability to provide objective feedback and accurate root cause analysis.
- Able to teach, coach and develop staff in a way that integrates with the site's work system. On-the-floor credibility with people doing the work. Operational experience in engineering, processing, or packing.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and influence a wide array of personnel from plant floor hourly employees to HQ management, and across supply chain functions.
- Demonstrated ability in leading an operation through a significant transition or transformation, delivering under difficult situations, and adapting to new work environments
As an integral part of our culture at L’Oréal, wellness is at our core. We not only offer a generous Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K), we also offer flexible time off, work from home days, and a pension plan! Additionally, you will have access to company perks such as Makeup, Skincare, and Fragrance! Employees receive a stipend for L'Oréal products as well as VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, and other perks such as Monthly Mobile Allowance, discounted gym memberships, and ERGs.
Additional Benefits Information As Follows:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.