Manager - Accounts Payable
L’Oreal North America Business Service Center - St. Petersburg, FL
We are the Accounting team at the L’Oreal Accounting Business Service Center located in St. Petersburg, FL. We lead the completion of all the critical accounting transactions. We ensure the compliance of our methods and processes, and develop the reports that are used to share our results globally. We are always aiming to reach even greater heights in terms of accuracy and timing and are looking for exceptional Accounting professionals like you. This role is a hybrid opportunity with three days working out of the office and two days working from home. Come join our dynamic team! We are currently actively looking for a:
Manager Accounts Payable
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of Accounts Payable North America Team to ensure services are delivered on target and meet Group standards.
- Develops, implements, and maintains systems, procedures, and policies, to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Responsible for achieving KPIs and drives activities and process improvements to reach paid on time rate by utilizing available tools (Celonis, Power BI, etc.)
- Leads and organizes activities of the accounts payable function to ensure accurate and timely payment, accurate accrual data and timely analysis of accounts.
- Manages the action engine in Celonis to ensure invoices are prioritized and dispatched to the AP team.
- Responsible for monitoring and resolving AP Aging and invoice backlog
- Ensures the SSC is structured to facilitate growth and is scalable in a cost-efficient manner.
- Responsible for reviewing the weekly control reports to ensure productivity levels meet established criteria
- Manages vendor, affiliate and employee issues related to payments. Provide guidance and leadership to support staff to ensure execution of solution
- Responsible for being able to provide and present AP reports and analysis.
- Lead special projects as required.
- Oversee those adequate controls are in place ensure appropriate controls are in place and effective
Service delivery management
- Monitors compliance with Accounts Payables Controls, risks and barriers; creates and executes applicable mitigation strategies.
- Foster and manage effective partnerships with business stakeholders to establish a collaborative team approach to problem solving and issue resolution.
- Sets operating policies to manage operational activities (peaks, procedure changes, etc.)
- Proactively identify process gaps, control deficiencies and have a continuous improvement mindset
- Drives operational efficiency and excellence in execution, constantly achieving continuous process improvements and developing a culture focused on client - service – operational excellence.
- Identifies, promotes, and supports process optimization, standardization and improvement to deliver cost-savings and efficiencies across the organization.
- Review existing processes, structures, and systems with a focus on simplifying, standardizing, and automating them.
- Champions customer service & satisfaction, including performance dashboards & engaging key stakeholder in performance dialogues.
- Provide strategic oversight to develop and drive process improvement through strategic business partnerships, team development, policy design and procedural efficiencies.
Team management & coaching
- Manages, develops, recruits staff
- Develop strategies to attract and retain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Motivates staff through specific initiatives (e.g. improvement projects, team events & celebrations)
- Embodies SIMPLICITY values:
- Teams are the new heroes
- Cooperation is the new confrontation
- Problem solving together is the new meeting behavior
- Frame and trust are the new control
- Test and learn is the new perfection
- Empowerment is the new management
- Consumer satisfaction is the new product performance
- “Eat what you cook” is the new “leave before it burns
- Create a diverse work environment that facilitates teamwork and open communication
- Assist team managers in setting performance measurement procedures for all employees (incl. objective setting, appraisal and personal development plans)
- 5-8 years of accounts payable experience, managing accounts payable processes and systems required
- 5-8 years of experience in a leadership role
- Must be an experienced leader who can lead, empower, and motivate other people leaders and teams
- SAP experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite and Excel Skills required
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours during close
- Must possess strong problem solving and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Proven ability to manage leaders.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.