The Manager of Business planning, with the assistance of the AVP, serves as a primary conduit for the Luxe Budget/Trend planning & forecasting process for Retails & Gross to Net Sales for the Brands. The Budget/Trend Retail and Net Sales set by the incumbent in alignment with the General Manager and Head of Sales for each Brand is used to calculate profit and Advertising & Promotional spend for the Brand.
- Partner closely with Marketing to gauge the A&P (Advertising & Promotional) spend to understand business drivers and how each Brand is planning to grow for Budget/Trend (new distribution, new products, growth on core products, sets, promotional activity).
- Work closely with Marketing & Supply Chain teams to have an understanding of Launch Activity and the size of launches within each Brand, ensuring that the Key Account Director planned the Retails & Nets Sales for the Budget/Trend
- Partner with Finance and the Key Account Directors to understand minorations spend and its potential impact on our Gross to Net (promotional allowances, Markdowns, returns, and DIF) for the Budget/Trend process
- Work closely with the Key Account Directors and the Head of Sales to understand the promotional activity by account for the Budgeting/Trending process
- Responsible for consolidating/aggregating all of the monthly projections from each of the Key Account Directors by account to build a bottoms up forecast which will then become the Budget/Trend for the entire Brand for Retail Sales and Net Sales.
- Provide the Retail and Net Sales Budget/Trend by Account by month to Marketing (Retail Sales by product), Finance (Net Sales by Account), & Demand Planning (Net Sales by Product) to align on the Retail Sales and Nets Sales on a monthly basis for the short, mid, & long term
- Use the Retails & Nets Sales to identify A&P spend for Marketing and profit for the Brand as part of the Budgeting/Trending process.
Background & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required
- 5+ years of experience in a sales support role in Consumer Products or related field
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge of the P&L
- Strong computer skills, with emphasis in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze data at granular levels
- Excellent communication / presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple business priorities concurrently
- Ability to effectively work cross functionally
- Prior experience working within an SAP environment a plus
- Prior experience working with planning/forecasting a plus
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.