Job Title: Manager – Marketing, (PPD US DMIs)
Function: Marketing (DMI)
Supervisor Title: AVP – Brand (Pod Lead)
Location: 435 Hudson Street New York, NY 10014
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Manager of Marketing is responsible for the long-term development of their products/category on a worldwide basis. This role will be integral in understanding the needs of brand, developing global products and launches along with being part of the development of the category strategy and long-term vision. This role will be responsible for initiating briefs of new projects, interacting with partners across R&I, claims, artwork teams, development and Drive countries , and following through product ideation to first production run.
Additionally, this role:
- Identifies consumer, salon, and technological trends globally
- Works with cross functional team (digital, education and creative) to deliver product launches and dossiers
- Builds the category strategy for the brand
- Strong relationship with US Marketing Team and other Drive countries
- Generates ideas and concepts for products which are innovative and revolutionary to the professional salon industry
- Collaborates with Education, R&D, Corporate, Countries and Zones in refining new ideas and concepts
- Initiates new product strategies, including the positioning, formulation, packaging, media, merchandising, and pricing
- Conducts market research
- Focus groups
- Competitive analysis
- College degree (BFA, BA, or AAS) in visual arts or other creative fields preferred. High school diploma required.
- 3+ years related Marketing experience, preferably with beauty industry
- Experience in hair color, hair care and/or hair styling marketing preferred
- Exceptional knowledge of professional beauty industry along with products and content that performs best is important. This includes understanding of metrics and performance measures for all distribution channels.
- Proven experience in creating a consistent and comprehensive brand presence across multiple channels preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail required
- Project management and planning skills required
- Ability to make quick decisions, problem solve and multi-task
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to effectively manage relationships with diverse international internal and external contacts
- Strong execution, leadership and consensus building/decision making skills.
- Computer literacy on Windows, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally periodically (max. 25%).
- Ability to articulate clear business direction and strategies; to drive goals and objectives. Also, to liaise between different departments, participate in senior level management discussions and facilitate the creative process at all levels.
- Financial acumen to manage budgets for category specific executions required
- Knowledge of the fashion and beauty business preferred
Judgment & Decision Making
- This position requires limited supervision. An ideal candidate will work autonomously to complete projects and assignments as well as work cross functionally to achieve short and long-term brand objectives.
- Office based role with long periods of sitting and computer work. Minimal physical activities, lifting up to 25lbs. required occasionally. Travel required up to 25% as well.
- Puts the consumer as the central focus
- Challenges the status quo and strives for excellence
- Innovates beyond the product
- Seizes what is just starting and opens new ventures
- Builds a shared vision and strategic frame
- Creates strategic scenarios for growth
- Leads transformation by aligning organization and human capabilities
- Demonstrates sound-judgement in decision-making
- Takes accountability with courage and transparency
- Builds and manages a consumer/customer centric organization
- Gives space for initiatives and enables teams to take risks
- Delivers with integrity both sustainable and short term results
- Fosters a climate of trust and constructive confrontation
- Develops collective performance of the team
- Enhances transversal co-operation
- Actively networks for effective stakeholder management
5. People Developer
- Treats all individuals in a respectful and consistent manner
- Leverages diversity
- Stimulates learning
- Empowers and develops individuals to contribute to their best
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.