As a Manager of Packaging Engineering, you will lead the engineering as it relates to a specific technical category or brand. This is a pivotal position. You will be at the forefront of your technical team, interacting with marketing, innovation, various other audiences and management levels.
You must clearly understand our global portfolio and have proven experience in the packaging field, to be able to offer a strong/viable technical position, while bringing valuable and meaningful solutions to the brands we support. The role is expected to be dynamic, engaged at all levels, innovative, able to work in a fast environment and ready to shape an efficient and modern packaging team.
OVERALL BUSINESS ACUMEN & COMMUNICATION
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to deal effectively with all levels of a diverse and global organization and supplier base
- Flexible approach to problem solving and ability to present compelling vision to gather senior management’s support of the team’s ideas
- Experience in the technical elements of manufacturing and decoration necessary for the development and commercialization of new products, with an understanding of timing and financial impacts
- Good self-management and organizational skills to manage documentation, materials and information for rapidly changing priorities
- Curiosity, creativity and out of the box thinking
- Ability to contribute to the leadership and development of other engineers in order to successfully elevate the attractiveness and visibility of the department
- Clearly support and contribute to a team vision and coach other department members to achieve department goals and objectives
- Partnering and leading effectively across different functions and levels. Establishing strong relationships built on trust, collaboration, solid technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Translation of innovation or marketing conceptions, into technically industrialized products
- Solid experience in working with a broad spectrum of materials, the manufacturing, decorating techniques and functionality of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging
- Experience and knowledge of mold functionalities and molding processes
- Able to anticipate and recognize risks, analyze data, identify root causes, draw conclusion and deliver a solid technical report with viable packaging solutions to enable stakeholders to make quality decisions
- Knowledge of finished goods manufacturing capabilities, supporting necessary line trials and how the component conception impacts efficiencies of the plant
FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES, INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO
- Manage and influence design to conception and design to cost during project briefings and through the development stages
- Manage supplier selection from technical and overall business position
- Define, engineer and optimize technical conceptions
- Management of new tooling development, approval of technical drawings and part validation
- Fully own specifications and all technical deliverables in project timelines to ensure on-time technical validations
- Drive Division + Operations + Vendors Adherence to key dates
- Anticipate and elevate blocking points to ensure meeting deadlines and or major launches
- Responsible for 1st component reception quality in the plant
- Be proficient in internal specification, artwork and testing systems; MINDS, ESKO, Compak, GECO
- Troubleshoot technical issues across entire supply chain
- Support and drive solutions to packaging consumer complaints and non-conformities
- Drive sustainability initiatives that allow L’Oreal to meet its L’Oreal For the Future commitments
- Support and drive value analysis initiatives
- Support interdepartmental efforts to drive continuous process improvements by identifying and implementing cross divisional solutions for key challenges/roadblocks.
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends, inclusive but not limited to packaging technology.
- Be consumer centric and aware of consumer insights
- Up to 25% travel to domestic and/or international suppliers and plants
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
- Minimum of 5+ years’ of proven experience in package engineering & development desired; preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field.
- Strong PC skills; MS Office, PowerPoint, ESKO System and CAD software
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.