Finance Manager - Transportation
Job Title: Finance Manager - Transportation
Reports to: Finance Director - Transportation
Location: Clark, NJ
Position Overview: This role will lead the financial controllership process for the North American Transportation organization. The primary focus of the Manager of Transportation Finance will be to leverage data and analytics to monitor and govern the execution of the freight payment and audit program for the NA transportation network. This role will also own continuous improvement projects focused on the enhancement of financial visibility and controllership while working fast and smart in an environment of high ambiguity.
- Using financial standardized work and analytical tools to support ongoing business operations
- Establish financial governance processes to evaluate and support business and transportation performance
- Root cause analysis and uncover core issues using data, then driving the financial improvement
- Develop financial metrics based on actualized activity and simulation techniques to audit initiatives
- Collect, analyze and manage quantitative data and create meaningful reports to lead controllership improvement and efficiencies
- Facilitating regular financial reviews with the Transportation organization
- Own weekly, monthly, quarterly and ah-hoc financial reporting for freight pay and audit activities
- Support finance, accounting, technology teams to create financial processes to evolve logistics capabilities and improved controllership
- Providing financial oversight and controllership related to both external providers and internal business processes for all freight liabilities
- Support budget / trend modeling process
- Continuously monitor freight payment process to ensure adherence to internal controls
- Track financial impact of initiatives and validate delivery of value creation to commitments
Qualifications and Educational Background
- Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Supply Chain, or similar discipline
- 5+ years of work experience
- High degree of financial and analytical aptitude
- Ability to access and synthesize large data sets will be crucial for success in this role
- Exceptionally strong Excel and MS office skills, data visualization competency preferred
- Experience of SAP or similar ERP
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Exquisite written and oral communication skills combined with the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Consumer products background preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V. Visit us at careers.loreal.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email
Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.