L’Oreal Manufacturing Operations
Position Title: Processing Mechanic I (3rd Shift)
Educational Requirements: H.S. Diploma or equivalent
Experience: 1 – 3 years in a manufacturing/processing environment.
Work directly for the UP on Processing Equipment.
- Perform the inspection, installation, maintenance, repair and diagnostics of processing equipment, including—but not limited—to motors, gear box/drives, agitators, pumps, vessels, valves.
- Must be able to read and understand equipment drawings/sketches, specifications, piping and instrument wiring diagrams and schematics preferred experience.
- Performs installation, preventative maintenance, and repairs on processing equipment
- Perform thorough root cause analysis to locate and diagnose failures, replace defective components, and perform troubleshooting
- Maintain appropriate maintenance and repair logs
- Explain downtime associated with equipment malfunctions and make recommendations for a more efficient operation
- Communication with processing team
- Engagement in daily meetings as per Processing Best Practice
- Respond with high urgency and reactivity to equipment breakdowns
- Work with vendors to help them to work effectively within the L’Oreal methodology
- Manage processing Preventative Maintenance program
- Maintain work tools
- Ensure work areas are clean and sanitary, keeping all tools and supplies organized and accessible for proper maintenance of equipment
- Boiler license low or high pressure is preferred.
- Capable of basics of operating all equipment to ensure proper operation and use
- Millwright experience a plus
- Knowledge of process utility systems (i.e. steam, compressors, DIW)
- Perform head change-over on process equipment.
- Heavy lifting required for maintenance of equipment.
- Must adhere to all L’Oreal Safety standards, including lock out tag, and confined space procedures.
- Knowledge of pipe-fitting and electrical systems.
- Handle multiple projects and prioritize work efficiently
- Maintain spare parts inventory
- Adhere to cGMP’s, established OSHA and/or FDA guidelines
- Must have ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Perform other duties as necessary or required.
- Controls experience and /or a strong understanding of control technology is strongly preferred.
This position description outlines the major essential functions of the job and is not intended to represent total definition of all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this classification.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.