Job Title: Processing Mechanic
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Supervisor Title: Technical Manager
Location: Florence, KY
Responsible for maintaining processing equipment in the Florence Manufacturing facility.
- 3-5 years’ experience in electrical and mechanical troubleshooting (education plus experience, including military technical training);
- Knowledge of sanitary processing equipment;
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance programs;
- Experience using Microsoft office applications;
- Able to read and understand P&IDs;
- Ability to rebuild valves, mills, pumps and mechanical seals;
- Ability to work on and troubleshoot controls, systems, transmitters, indicators, relays, starters, drives;
- Experience and knowledge with electronics, including single and three phase, AC and DC;
- Willing to perform confined space entry inside tanks as needed for seal repair;
- Good communication skills;
- Able to handle multiple projects and prioritize work efficiently;
- Experience and involvement with the TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) process;
- Must be willing to work overtime
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Occasional lifting up to 40lbs;
- Working in tightly confined areas, such as inside tanks and on pipe chases;
- Occasional bending;
- Long periods of standing;
- Continuous movement around the plant
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform preventive maintenance to prevent breakdowns.
- Troubleshoot equipment failures and implement corrective maintenance to repair equipment.
- Identify and implement proactive maintenance ideas on equipment to protect safety and quality, while improving productivity and delivery.
- Monitor and maintain all processing equipment.
- Provide clear descriptions of equipment issues to team members in a training manner to eliminate future occurrences.
- Interact with Operators, Engineers, and Mechanics in a team environment.
- Manage and negotiate work with contractors.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.