Be the point person for color and artwork at NYX, responsible for delivery of timely and cost effective decoration of new product launches and maintenance of basic business activities. Lead new and improved color & artwork processes that will result in effective cost reduction / harmonization programs for new or existing products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Cultivate strong collaborative relationships with Product Development, Packaging, and Supply Chain
- Strengthen C&A community through transparency, vision, and collaboration
- CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the execution of Color Matching activities for all components.
- Complete C&A deliverables in accordance to the validated timeline
- Anticipate and elevate blocking points to ensure meeting deadlines and or major launches
- Drive Division + Operations + Vendors Adherence to key dates
- Communication to and alignment with Development of dates when they move
- Foster extrapolation in Homologation and Compatibility, through discussions with technical teams but also, while discussing conception with Brand Development and Marketing
- Anticipate potential risks in regards to timing or conception, align with Development and Packaging on action plan
- Systematically follow “Risk Elevation Process” and elevate appropriately to key operational partners
- P&L MINDSET:
- Provide recommendation for cost effective and improved flexibility decoration at QCP
- Develop decoration solutions aimed to improve flexibility, profitability and reduce slow movers and obsoletes
- Reinforcing awareness of impact of decisions made on development spending Industrial Budget (production color sample costs, on-site press approvals)
- Use extrapolation, homologations, color approval and proofs approved and meet deadlines for SPEC issuance (ie made in statements, label claim)
- Knowledge of supplier capability in anticipation of the pre-QCP/QCP
- Participate /Lead-decoration portion in QCP meetings with Brand Development and provide advice to respect project complexity and minimize Time to Market
- Ensure no first reception rejections due to missing color standards and panoplies
- Complete risk analysis on decoration briefs
- DIGITAL: EFFICIENT TOOLS
- Be proficient in MINDS, ESKO, Compak
- Accelerate digital printing (personalization, late differentiation)
- PERCEIVED VALUE INNOVATION
- Ensure the aesthetic consistency
- Be consumer centric and aware of consumer insights
- Propose the highest perceived value decoration at the lowest cost
- PROTECT CONSUMERS AND DATA
- Respect confidentiality of launches
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in proven package development project work/quality experience, preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering or a related technical discipline a plus
- Travel to vendors and plants will be a requirement (10-15% of time)
- Proficient PC skills – Excel / Powerpoint
- Proficient communication skills (written & verbal), to be able to deal effectively with all levels of our organization AND our suppliers.
- Good organizational skills to manage the documentation, materials and information.
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends and technologies.
- Must be team oriented and able to create strong relationships with all cross functional partners
- Experience in the Consumer Products Goods industry
- Experience with color matching and printing technologies
- Creative (DMI + US)
- Marketing staff (DMI teams & U.S. Marketing )
- Middle Management Levels, AVP, VP and Senior VP DMI and US Marketing Management
- Manufacturing staff (Manufacturing – MSL, Logistics, Purchasing and UP)
- Technical development teams (Packaging & International Development)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.