Scientific Liaison- Makeup R&I, Clark, NJ
- Primary Role
To provide technical support for L’Oreal makeup brands by working in partnership with all functions in corporate R&I. To provide technical advocacy to Marketing, Claims, Legal, Public Relations, Development lab, Product Performance Evaluation and zone Marketing as required.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Manages North America and global makeup projects for claims validation and communication purposes. This includes creating testing plans, negotiating claims with marketing and the claims/legal groups. Tracks all projects and ensures that all tests are completed on schedule and provides marketing with updates accordingly.
- Works with U.S. Feasibility Group to develop and maintain meaningful project timing for product launches as well as shade promotions.
- Explains technical information and technologies, providing insights into ingredients and tests on L’Oreal and competitive products.
- Clarifies marketing’s wishes and objectives to laboratories on each project regarding target market, desired advertising claims, ingredients, etc. Creates and issues all claims documentations such as a summary of claims tests on products and supports all technical databases.
- Creates product technical dossiers to support proposals and launches of new products including formula, packaging, demos and claims information.
- Forwards all pertinent information to France and Marketing.
- Works with U.S. Safety, Claims, Product Performance Evaluation and as well as Analytical (for OTC stability testing) to determine sampling required to support testing while coordinating with labs to receive samples in a timely fashion.
- Reviews concepts and marketing artwork for technical accuracy and provides alternative language and technical advisement.
- Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of technical experience required in personal care/and or cosmetic products.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Fluency in a foreign language (French, Spanish) a plus.
- Available to travel to NY/Jersey City (25%)
- Must have long-term authorization to work in the U.S.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.