Función del empleo: Other
Tipo de puesto: Permanent
Tipo de empleo: Full - Time
País: South Africa
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
· Leads and develops a team of specialists in charge of analysing and applying and managing local regulatory issues both in South Africa and those countries we export to.
· Ensures techno-regulatory support to the business throughout the product life cycle from development through to after sales support.
· Develop established expertise in local technical cosmetic related regulations both in South Africa as well as the surrounding regions
· Represent L’Oreal in dealings with local authorities (cosmetic and related regulations) and participates in exchanges with authorities and stakeholders in order to safeguard the Group’s regulatory positions.
· Act as a Scientific and Product regulatory advisor to the Country Manager and his Management Committee particularly with regard to crisis management.
· Act as a leading figure within professional organisations and associations including influencing actions taken to align with L’Oreal positions, proactive monitoring and action as needed on all proposed and actual changes to regulations
· Help to promote proactive product communications in compliance with the Group’s regulations and ethical values suited to the local market throughout the product lifecycle from development through to placing on the market.
· Lead cross disciplinary projects initiated with the technical regulatory network.
· Defines the objectives of the service / department and ensures optimization of the practices and processes to guarantee the quality of the service.
· Ensures that products commercialized on the local market comply with local regulations.
· Manages Post Marketing Surveillance (Cosmetovigilance) activities for South Africa.
· Assisting the marketing and legal teams with claims challenges.
TECHNICAL / PROFESSIONAL & PERSONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
· Degree in the Natural Sciences or similar.
· At least 10 years experience in a Regulatory position or similar in an FMCG company, preferably Cosmetics.
· At least 3 years management experience with experience in managing specialists.
· Demonstrated experience in actively working with Stakeholders such as associations.
· Demonstrated knowledge of the South African and Sub Saharan FMCG regulatory landscape, cosmetics experience preferred.
· Demonstrated experience in working in multifunctional teams across business.
· Demonstrated understanding of business overall and how this function fits into the business.
· Knowledge of advertising claims and their substantiation, including the general industry norms.
· Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing in a manner that is suitable to the business.
· Analytical but able to see the bigger picture.
· Ability to make decisions based on facts and knowledge of the cosmetic industry at large.
· Demonstrated team player within the business both locally and internationally and within stakeholder groupings.
· Business acumen