SALON SALES CONSULTANT
Job Title: Salon Sales Consultant
Location: Remote position, must reside within the assigned territory
Function: Field Sales
Supervisor Title: District Sales Manager
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oréal USA, is the premiere distributor of salon professional products in the United States. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
The field Salon Sales Consultant (SSC) has a direct responsibility to grow our salon customer through building brand equity, sales, and profits for key strategic brands in the professional hair industry. The SSC is responsible for meeting and exceeding sales objectives within their assigned territory through manufacturer provided education, sales programs and ongoing new business development. This position will manage an expansive portfolio of professional L’Oreal and partner brands. This role requires the incumbent to partner with manufacturers to provide education and training either in salon or at a SalonCentric store. The SSC has an entrepreneurial mindset, team spirit, passionate about the business, and both independent thinker and solutions oriented. The SSC must offer exceptional customer service, visit clients consistently, have a proactive approach to servicing accounts, strong sense of follow-up and follow through, must be organized and thoughtful with pre call planning. Additionally, the SSC has strong analytical and critical thinking skills, thrives on being challenged, motivated by exceeding goals and objectives.
- Increase assigned territory market share by growing established business and acquiring new business.
- Build brand equity and profitably increase sales volume on all assigned professional L’Oreal and partner brands.
- Achieve assigned sales goals and KPIs through the focus of business development, distribution, and promotional activity for each assigned brands.
- Utilize the Digital Sales Aide and Salesforce for reporting, developing promotional presentations, and to ‘check in’ to the system when at a client site to collect and record data presented.
- Identify new partnerships via the MAG leads, referrals, cold calling.
- Spends field day visits with the DSM and brand managers to partner on growing business and acquiring new prospects.
- Add value to salon clients business through retailing, identifying business opportunities, helping create a social media presence, engaging in promotional planning discussions as needed.
- Establish external and internal cross functional relationships with store division, salon development executives, brands, etc.
- Manage time sensitive activities proactively including and not limited to customer issues, emails, and all other administrative tasks.
- Comply with company policies, objectives, and directions to meet company objectives and maximize profits for sales.
- Manages remote-order entry with company provided laptop as well as other administrative duties as needed. Strong participation in all regional and national sales meetings.
- Supports sales by participating in and facilitating education and promotional events including area classes, company shows and events, hands-on work-shops, and in-salon education.
- Identifies, focuses and develops a plan of long term growth within assigned territory for existing salons and new customers.
*This position is representative of position responsibilities. The SSC may be asked from time to time to complete tasks not listed within this job description but are relative to the goals of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on business or marketing is strongly preferred or over 3 years of relevant experience is required.
- Demonstrated outside sales experience or equivalent industry experience with emphasis on consultative selling is preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent presentation, verbal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent listening, persuasive, and negotiation skills.
- High sense of emotional intelligence and ability to develop relationships.
- Must be highly organized, professional, goal oriented and results driven.
- Possesses a valid state driver’s license, good driving record and required auto insurance policy levels.
- Must live within assigned sales territory.
- Must be flexible with overnight travel and working occasional weekend days.
- Self-motivated and exudes entrepreneurial mindset as this role requires autonomy and intermittent supervision.
- Excellent computer skills - Windows-based (MS Office) systems, knowledge of Salesforce.com (SFDC) as well as social media understanding and usage
- This position requires significant local travel to current and potential clients, time spent driving is up to 85%.
- Requires attendance at conventions, shows, educational classes and other special events that may require overnight travel and/or some weekends.
- All work may necessitate the lifting of promotional materials and products up to 25 pounds which may also require bending.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.