As a Scientist - within Research & Innovation - Product Performance Evaluation – Consumer Science, this position requires expertise in both qualitative and quantitative research, possessing strong communication and vendor management skills, which will be responsible for leading studies for L’Oréal US Skincare.
- Designs and executes studies from inception to completion including study design, target volunteer selection, recruitment, development of questionnaires/discussion guides for the generation of outstanding product insights to guide product development.
- Review, validate, and interpret test results from market research agencies
- Synthesize learnings, extract insights, and write reports to meet business objectives
- Translate data/insights into actionable recommendations
- Communicates and presents findings to key stakeholders and management
- Leadership within cross functional teams; collaborate with the team to seamlessly design and coordinate testing, including screeners, questionnaire design, experimental designs, and project tracking.
- Partners with formulators/Labs, other technical testing centers and Product Performance Managers (PPMs) to determine the testing and consumer knowledge needs; obtaining clear objectives and context for projects.
- Drives creative research approach and strategic recommendations for product development including design of hybrid testing, partnering with Sensory/Expert and/or Clinical and Instrumental teams.
- Supports new, forward thinking evaluation techniques, methodologies and strategies for the future of evaluation, providing recommendation on the test design based on project objectives
- Aid in implementation of creative and digital capabilities to enhance research learnings and communication of results
- Works with consumers, sensory/consumer scientists, formulators, global counterparts, instrumental and clinical scientists, outside vendors, academics and consultants
- Prioritizes project workload with Research and Innovation (R&I) team
- Discusses and oversees high profile projects to ensure accuracy and help in understanding of data
- Represents team in project planning meetings
- 2+ years of consumer product testing experience with experimental design and analysis skills required
- Experience in qualitative (traditional & experimental), Design Thinking and quantitative IHUT product testing design, execution and tracking
- BS or Master's in Market Research, Psychology, Sensory Science, Cosmetic Science or related field
- Experience with Cosmetic industry a plus
- Has a passionate consumer centric approach to learning and research
- Able to translate evaluation plans into actionable recommendations of testing to drive exceptional consumer satisfaction.
- Strong leadership skills to drive agile product design and development teams
- Previous project management experience; clear understanding of project set-up and timelines
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects with deadline-driven deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation (written/oral) and organizational skills
- Confident engaging with and presenting to senior executives
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, data entry and some knowledge of statistical software programs (such as SIMS, Compusense, ARCS, etc.)
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.