Hudson Yards, New York NY
Senior Manager, Amazon Advanced Analytics Lead
eCommerce Tech Accelerator
L’Oréal USA is looking for a passionate, bright and energetic digital candidate to join the Amazon Acceleration team, responsible for enterprise analytics and tech capabilities to support rapid growth. Amazon Tech Accelerator is an advanced analytics capability that L’Oreal has built to drive ecommerce growth launched in 2020. The tool currently supports the Amazon business combining 50M+ data points to measure all the inputs of the flywheel to drive insights to action and enhance executional excellence.
This role is responsible for partnering with our team of engineers and analytic experts in the development of best in class performance measurement and visualization tools that drive day to day success of the business as well as unlock incremental insights that create a competitive advantage. The ideal candidate will have a background in a quantitative field, backed by an experience in working with massive automated data sets and refining them into digestible outputs to answer the question “are we doing it right?”. Should be scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of the Amazon business. To succeed the candidate will be backed by extensive experience in working on large multi-source data sets to draw correlations and leverage advanced storyboarding and visualization skills to provide insights to cross-functional teams, leading the KPI benchmark evolution. Role will be multi-faceted drawing correlations between Operations, Sales, Advertising, and financial data to identify opportunity and create a roadmap for quick wins and for future needs.
The Ideal candidate also has program management skills to work closely with the Product Managers, Engineering, and Commercial/Media teams on process improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and A/B testing. Successful candidates will have a strong analytical skill, be detail oriented, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. The candidate should also have strong communication and project management skills, enabling them to work with key business stakeholders to understand requirements and shape analytical deliverables. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-organizationally.
- Maintain, identify, and evolve Amazon performance KPI across all inputs of the business.
- Manage product output design, building & evolving automated BI dashboards and reports that guide every day decision making and trouble shooting.
- Exploratory Analysis (Identifying long term trends and competitive benchmarks) to provide Account Managers actionable insights driving business analysis to improve supply chain, commercial, and media practices.
- Identify blue sky opportunities to support the strategic needs and day to day of running the Amazon business via new capabilities, third party vendors, and other initiatives and build business case for exploration and execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Business Analytics, Economics, Finance, or related field.
- 5+ years of industry experience in data analysis. Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Deep experience in analytic story boarding, working with data visualization tools and creating data visualization concepts. (Excel, Tableau, Microsoft Power Bi, Looker or similar)
- Experience working with enterprise cloud databases. Ability to write SQL and manipulating large data sets in a database is a plus.
- Proven problem-solving skills, project management skills, and the ability to deal with ambiguity. Excited to learn new technologies and analytical methodologies relating to business intelligence and data analysis
- Proven track record working with large cross-functional teams and independently executing deliverables.
- Proactive and results oriented thinker who would flourish in an entrepreneurial environment where new ideas are championed.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Core Program Management skills (regular updates, Program flashes, data audits, review meetings, process audits).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, data modeling, and working with Big Data
- Ability to create BigQuery datasets, tables, views and queries
- Master’s degree (Business Analytics, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field)
- Prior experience in Beauty, or CPG industries a plus
- Prior experience with Vendor Central / Amazon Retail Analytics/Amazon Advertising UI or related API’s preferred