Función del empleo: Finance
Tipo de puesto: Permanent
Tipo de empleo: Full - Time
Localización: New York, NY
País: United States
The International Designer Collections (IDC) is a group within the L’Oréal Luxe Division at L’Oréal USA. IDC has a luxurious portfolio of fragrance and beauty brands. The beauty brands consist of Giorgio Armani Beauty and Yves Saint Laurent Beauty. Our fine fragrances include Giorgio Armani, Ralph Lauren, Prada, Viktor & Rolf, Mugler, Maison Margiela, Valentino, Azzaro and Yves Saint Laurent. IDC has an exciting Senior Manager of Finance position available in New York, New York.
Section 1: General Information
Job Title: Sr Mgr-Finance
Supervisor Title: VP - Finance
Location: New York, NY
Section 2: Job Summary
Responsible for managing the coordination and preparation of all divisional financial reporting. Manages the coordination and preparation of all divisional financial reporting [Compass, Magnitude and SAP]. Responsible for Budget and Trend preparation for all assigned product lines. Responsible for the creation of business plans for lease renewals and proposed new sites. Approve, P.O.s , and T&E. Manages cost control and conducts budget meetings with departmental and brand managers. Responsible for preparing and transmitting DIM Reports (to Corporate as required). Compiles monthly Divisional Brand Sales, Top Twenty Report, and C-Forms.
Forecasts and analyzes Division’s Cost of Sales budget and determines the nature of any variances. Assists Division Finance Team with the preparation of Trend and 3-year plan presentations to senior management. Assists with Budget/Trend seasonalization. Responsible for B/S analysis & reconciliations. Supports Marketing Department in the areas of Pricing and Promotional Spending. Supervises employees including interviewing, evaluating performance, assigning work, etc. Work on special projects as needed.
Section 3: Minimum Job Requirements
5-7 years of experience in finance or accounting. College Degree required.
Strong computer skills (Excel is required)
Must possess strong analytical, financial modeling and problem solving skills; business acumen; leadership skills; strong presentation and interpersonal skills. Must be a proactive team-player with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline driven work environment.
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making
Must be able to work fairly independently supporting the needs of the department and work closely with both Brand Management and Departmental Management while following the strategic mandate and vision of Corporate Finance. Must be able to meet and fluidly discuss with management the business implications of spending decisions. Supervision from above will be intermittent.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements
Section 6: Key Duties and Responsibilities
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities and Performance Expectation
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
1. Conduct the Budget, Trend and Actual analyses, report preparation and presentation for department. Liaison between Brand Controllers to exchange budget/trend/actual data. Assist with Budget/Trend Seasonalization.
2. Manage cost control and conduct budget meetings with department managers.
3. Manage financial reporting systems and report generation.
4. Monitor and control approval processes.
5. Perform special projects and analyses as needed.
Section 7: Required Competencies
1. Achieves results with integrity (energy, engagement, sets priorities, meets deadlines and anticipates, demonstrates commitment, tenacity and resilience. Reacts in a constructive manner when faced with unexpected or unclear situations. Adjusts priorities and actions rapidly when appropriate, reacts to the latest data.)
2. Manages complexity and Problem Solving (develop a knowledge of the department, company & organization goals, integrates key learnings, takes into account other department’s needs, finds solutions and decodes the organizational culture. Builds action plans in a structured and organized way and makes proposals to improve work efficiency. Takes actions to create value and contain costs. Develops concrete views on strategic issues. Simplifies complex issues by identifying essential elements.)
3. Displays sensitivity to the Metier (focuses on quality, learns about the business drivers and the purpose of excellence, demonstrates product knowledge)
4. Entrepreneur (takes initiative, drives contribution to achieve customer satisfaction, strives to improve performance. Demonstrates autonomy, identifies programs and implements adapted solutions, escalates information/problems in a timely manner and demonstrates resourcefulness. )
5.Interacts Effectively (takes into account other points of view, communicates clearly and adapts to the audience, presents confidently and convinces others and actively networks)
6. Acts and Leads with human sensitivity (enriches team dynamics, contributes to team spirit, develops others, demonstrates respect. Listens and interacts with equal respect to all levels, functions and business partners).
7.Focused on Quality (demanding concerning the quality of details. Constantly perfecting work with a purpose of excellence. Integrates new techniques and know-how to improve quality.
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.