Job Summary: Responsible for the order conversion and sequencing of the production schedule for both Bulk Processing and Finished Good Packaging.
This is an operationally critical role, as the Short Term Planner sets the schedule for manufacturing, ensuring that sufficient raw materials, bulk, and components are available at the right time in the right quantity for the manufacturing hall.
This person is the key coordinator and liaison between Manufacturing Operations and the Logistics department. They are responsible to ensure clear communication, direction, and understanding across both Departments.
- Must have 3 to 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment in cosmetics or related field
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in SAP/APO
- Strong communication skills, including an ability to direct multiple people across multiple functions
- Work with minimal supervision, ability to use judgement and make decisions to ensure proper usage of equipment safely.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily order conversions and sequencing of packaging lines and processing vessels
- Ensure a firm 5-day order schedule for both
- Coordinate with Logistics counterparts to ensure component and raw material availabilities to support the planned production schedule
- Communicate / escalate bottlenecks to the production plan
- Coordinate with Production Managers to align order conversions with scheduled manning to avoid unplanned stoppages on the lines and to maximize available labor
- Track and trend Achievement and Adherence to meet site objectives
- Analyze data to understand misses to the production plan and create actions to correct
- Ensure Master Data accuracy in SAP with the creation of new recipes and PVs and on-going maintenance of the system
- Develop strong relationships across the facility in order to promote learning and continuous improvements to our planning process
- Manage inventory levels closely to ensure no bulk expiration and no line stoppages due to missing components/bulk
- Participate in the Launch of new products, adhering to required timelines to ensure products are available by the target date
- Perform other duties as necessary or required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.