At L’Oréal, we have made it our quest to deliver beauty for all. It’s an aim that has seen us expand into over 140 countries, 89,000 employees, +32 international brands, €26 billion in sales and becoming the number one cosmetics group in the World!
We firmly believe that our best success comes from when we can incorporate the concept of diversity at all levels. Our +32 international brands are presents on all Beauty Market segments and all channels.
We are proud of the sustainability commitment, “Sharing Beauty With All”, we made to our consumers and employees. Along with our ambition to reach the next billion consumers in the coming years, we will leave a positively impact in our world. After all, at L’Oréal, nothing is impossible…
Be a part of the adventure and join our diverse Sourcing Team: We are a team of passionate, diverse and responsible business partners, who innovate, create value and open new frontiers to fuel L’Oréal’s growth.
Job description: Packaging Innovation Sourcing – Senior Buyer
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Develop in collaboration with the internal stakeholders (Innovation Packaging, Packaging, R&I) some innovation funnels for the different divisions and brands, considering different business needs.
- Understand and support L’Oreal Sourcing Strategies to propose the best supplier market screening for Innovation
- Be the first point of contact when suppliers propose new solutions or findings.
- Capture and leverage supplier innovation potential to create strong and sustainable competitive edge
- Conduct strategic & complex negotiations with suppliers to ensure L’Oreal competitive advantage. Anticipate the project milestones & Secure supplier solutions in contractual agreements (IP acquisition and non-competition, IP valuation, contract timing, NDA, MOU, Development Agreement, License Agreement, Investment Agreement, etc.)
- Drive innovations projects internally with the internal stakeholders. Animate innovation network to capture, track and communicate supplier contribution to Innovation
- Align and prioritize innovation areas with Top Management where supplier contribution is necessary
- Understand the technical benefits of a project as well as having a big picture mindset
- Performs deep dive into understanding the consumer market and supply market for the categories and uses that intelligence to support business decisions and category strategy development
- Support some Categories Sourcing tasks
This job is at the core of L’Oreal businesses, bridging suppliers’ capabilities and consumers’ needs by finding and securing new suppliers solutions to create new products, to create a competitive advantage for the Group. Therefore, it is a direct contribution to the business development of L’Oreal.
This unique job enables a very good understanding of L’Oreal Business, the creation of a tremendous internal and external network, and the knowledge of cutting-edge sourcing practices to create competitive edge.
The perfect candidate would demonstrate the following:
- Clear interest for Innovation
- Palatability for Sustainable Packaging
- Autonomy in action/execution
- Very good communication skills to top management
- Ability to navigate in a fast-moving and complex environment (FMCGs)
- Aptitude to drive complex negotiations
- Knowledge about Intellectual Property & Contracts management
- Experience in Sourcing: RFI/RFQ, Market analysis, SRM
- Technical understanding of the Packaging and the industrial processes
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.