Senior Manager, Product Development
NYX Cosmetics is seeking to hire a Senior Manager of Product Development to manage all phases of development and sourcing of new consumer products in color cosmetics. The individual will also be involved in executing development activities and will liaise between the internal teams and vendors.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Partners with AVP of Product Development and Purchasing for all costing related functions, including; obtaining, tracking, and negotiating costs
- Collaborate with the creative and marketing teams for product concepts and design
- Responsible for sample organization, creation and maintenance of tracking charts and product masters library
- Track and organize vendor matrix maintenance, in addition to any other tasks required
- Oversee the product development process from new product initiation to completion of production for all new product launches and reformulations
- Brief vendors on COG targets and timing to suppliers for full turnkey assembly and request quotations based on estimated forecasting and MOQs
- Manage the tracking of new competitive innovations both mass and prestige
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (creative, sales, marketing, operations, in-house labs and regulatory) for product launch strategies and execution
- Participate in the identification of needs for new products; approving all materials developed in support of programs; reviewing, editing, and approving all copy; ensuring legal requirements are met for product names and product claims
- Have a keen awareness of trends consumer feedback and competitor activity in order to recommend color shades formula and provide research to help facilitate product innovation
- Partner with beauty bloggers and brand marketing and sales to build pipeline of innovation for professional makeup artists and consumers
- Engage and actively participate in the world of social media to include Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube etc. to ensure the execution of exciting and fun social content aligned with our marketing and brand messaging
- Attend industry conferences and lectures to keep informed of new product packaging directions and trends
- Keep abreast of worldwide competitive activity by completing monthly product alerts, quarterly and yearly competitive reviews and presenting in depth findings and trends to management
- 4 + years of experience in product development in a management role within a consumer packaged goods company in the cosmetics/beauty industry
- Must have cosmetics development experience – strong background in color cosmetics is required
- Knowledge/experience in domestic and international sourcing of formulas and packaging
- Passionate about beauty and fashion, creative and willing to take risks to develop unique product concepts/ideas to positively expose our brand and create greater visibility to set us apart from competitors
- Highly entrenched in the world of social media with the ability to pitch unique social concepts from product perspective
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of management.
- Highly organized and calendar driven, with the ability to handle many competing priorities
- Proactive approach to anticipate issues and provide solutions
- Impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written with a high level of creativity and attention to detail
- Professional demeanor with effective working relationship with team members, upper management, bloggers/vloggers and all related parties
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.