Position Overview: Provide and assist production management in the scheduling of the mechanical workforce, ensuring packaging operations attain maximum uptime with the highest level of production quality. This is achieved by driving maintenance excellence within the organization. It includes supporting all facets of the preventative maintenance process as well as parts ordering and organization. It includes creating appropriate procedures, tracking and scheduling of work orders, working within a budget, and management of our spare parts inventory and replenishment process.
- Support daily packaging activities, serving as a technical resource to the team.
- Train, coach, and develop the technical base of mechanic staff.
- Drive maintenance excellence culture.
- Develop, improve and oversee the implementation of effective maintenance procedures, including the preventive maintenance programs of all packaging equipment.
- Master the usage of required software such as Maintenance Connection.
- Manage work order generation, assignment, scheduling and follow up.
- Generate and manage reports showing key maintenance indicators.
- Manage, assist, or affect the procurement of new equipment and spare parts.
- Participate in sustaining performance and upgrades of the packaging equipment.
- Develop, implement, and maintain all necessary record tracking systems
- Maintain an effective labor/employee relationship working in a union environment.
- Support and lead the L'Oreal safety, health, and environmental programs of L'Oreal USA.
- Manage, implement, and support all L'Oreal policies
- Perform other duties as necessary or required.
- Must have experience with 3 - 5 years in technical capacity involving packaging equipment
- Solid technical understanding in core mechanical, electrical, and electronic field
- High School diploma with post-secondary technical training, certifications, and equivalent experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to conceptualize and develop in areas of production tooling, product handling equipment, production machinery and operational methods
- Must work well in a fast paced environment and be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Must demonstrate excellent people management skills, including the ability to develop a team of individuals capable of producing extraordinary results
- Must demonstrate the L’Oreal competencies including, but not limited to, creative problem solving, decision making, achievement orientation, cultivation of talent and strong communication skills.
- Requires a practical working knowledge of machine shop procedures, PLC programming, machine building, electromechanical systems, machine analysis and troubleshooting
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.