The Body Shop Management Trainee Scheme
Product Development Marketing
Based: The Body Shop® International
Starting Salary: £30,000 + Excellent employee benefits
Start date: June 2017
Programme: 13 Months including time in store
Location: East Croydon, London
We realise that people are different; that’s why we’ll create an individually tailored management training programme just for you.
Each year we offer up to 30 graduates from all different degree disciplines, the opportunity to join our programme across 5 business areas. The scheme lasts 13 months and is made up of two or three, placements across a variety of different roles, thereby giving you a unique overview of how different functions and divisions operate. This early exposure will equip you with the breadth of knowledge to ensure you start off with a strong foundation in your career with us.
Real Opportunities in Development Marketing
Join The Body Shop’s International Marketing Team to understand how New Product Development (NPD) works for a global, natural and ethical beauty brand.
We are in 3050 stores in 66 markets around the world, so as an international role, any new product development (NPD) will need to be implemented across all the cultures in The Body Shop markets. You will understand the full product lifecycle, including the development of 360 creative assets to make a launch successful in store.
You will support our Product Managers within our Global Marketing teams. During your placement, you will rotate across a number of our 6 categories including Bath and Body, Make-up, Gift and Fragrance, to give you the tools you need to develop international marketing campaigns in the future.
You will be responsible for your own live projects within the International Marketing team, with exposure to senior management. To ensure campaigns are successful and integrated, you will also be working closely with other functions across the business.
Your role will be varied, with a number of different product launches and campaigns running at once. Some of our recent Marketing graduates have been given a broad range of responsibilities, including:
- Creating innovative concepts in line with The Body Shop brand and the current category plan under the direction of the Marketing Manager
- Brief and partner with technical teams on creating packaging, formulas, etc.
- Co-Develop creative briefs to drive event creation and global product launches working with our internal creative studio
- Evaluate competitors’ activity as well as market and category performance to identify opportunities to improve category performance
- Follow up with the commercial team, carrying out post-launch tracking of NPD based on information provided by international markets
So it goes without saying that working as a Marketer for us requires reserves of ambition and resilience to realise our brand’s vision in a challenging market.
You will need to think on your feet to manage ever-changing deadlines and you will need to combine a flair for strategic and creative thinking in order to come up with new ideas to penetrate the market and create a successful launch campaign for your brand.
Understanding our consumer is also key which is why you will monitor and report on the performance of your brand and its competitors within the market, whilst all the while building strong relationships and networks with other teams.
We’re a hard-working bunch but we also take care of our employees. So, with us, you’ll enjoy more than a competitive salary. You will be given real responsibility to work on international projects and work closely with senior stakeholders within the business. You will be exposed to different teams through cross-functional working and encouraged to share your ideas and new ways of working.
We are proud of our culture of learning and therefore you will receive a tailor-made integration plan to set you up for success. Part of your induction programme will include spending a month in one of our retail stores to truly understand our customers and familiarise yourself with our product ranges.
To apply, it is essential you have:
- Attained or are in the process of attaining a minimum 2:1 bachelor's level qualification
- Are eligible to work in the UK
- A desire to make things better for our customers, our community trade providers and the planet
Out of our 2015 graduate intake:
- The majority of our graduates had demonstrated leadership whilst at university
- All had tangible achievements over and above the norm
- Many of them spoke a second language and were keen to have an international career
- All had strong analytical skills
- Many had previous relevant work experience or had completed an internship
- All had managed complex projects whilst at university or at work
- All were curious and enthusiastic, and looked to be challenged on a daily basis
The anticipated date for our Management Trainee assessment centres will be February 2017, however, we will conduct telephone interviews before this date.