Job Title: VP, Finance – Strategic Projects
Division: Corporate Division
Primary Work Location: Berkeley Heights, NJ
Primary Work Location: Ability to split time across multiple NY and NJ locations, including Berkeley Heights, NJ and Hudson Yards, NY
Reports To: SVP, Corporate Finance – Budgets & Sustainability
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
VP Strategic Projects is responsible for several key financial topics for the current and future state of Finance. Financial lead for two key areas; real estate and future business optimizations. This will enable us to streamline and gain efficiencies. In addition, the VP Strategic Projects will manage two high profile company assets in medical plans and LTI programs. Leveraging project management skills, the best automation and with strong group support, this role is at the center of a fast moving and exciting place to make big impact and be a voice of the local teams.
What You Will Do:
This position is responsible for managing several strategic and analytic projects while working with partners to achieve financial and business objectives under a North America scope. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the development, implementation, and analysis of business plans for strategic projects. Partnering with multiple internal and external firms on real estate projects and optimizations. Management of company fringe and medical costs along with LTI budgeting, planning, and reporting.
- Oversee the timely and accurate calculations of LTI share price and reporting.
- Ensure adherence to corporate financial and accounting policies.
- Guarantee accurate presentation of financial results.
- Conduct financial analysis at the highest level to interpret trends, variances from budgets, variances from standards.
- Partner with real estate, internal and external on strategic projects and provide strong financial support and analysis.
- Analyze and interpret past, present, and indicated future results of optimization projects.
- Prepare audit documentation for Loreal share price balance sheet and P&L analysis.
- Prepare monthly analysis of fringe and medical costs with publication of risks and opportunities.
- Prepare annual calculation and audit support of fringe rates and variance analysis.
- Ability to perform and represent Loreal in Sr meetings with internal and external stakeholders on real estate projects.
- Manage all accounting, budgeting, financial analysis, and financial record keeping functions for the Zone costs, as well as the reinvoicing of these costs in compliance with Group standards.
- Assure that accounting records are prepared, maintained, and reported in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and that all ledgers reconcile.
- Prepare the retro-planning of the financial year and update as needed to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Ensuring collaboration with business and global on Strategic projects, transformation initiatives, including change management, roles and responsibilities, and ways of working.
Organization Structure and Key Working Relationships:
- WW and Local Real Estate teams: will be guided by Global teams position will be accountable for hitting timelines. Individual will also be responsible for presentation and communication of key issues and recommendations for resolution.
- BEST (Business Expertise Services & Technologies): individual will be working closely with BEST team especially as pertains to ways of working and implementing / improving processes on fringe pool.
- Corporate / Zone Finance: in order to ensure implementation of projects, close collaboration with Zone Finance to drive governance is essential.
- Division Finance: some projects will impact the Affaires P&L and ways of working, therefore, communication of benefits along with details on business process changes due to projects will be essential. In addition, understanding the impact of projects so that issues may be resolved is a key element for success for the individual.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field required.
- 10+ years of experience in finance or accounting required including supervisory/ management experience.
- MBA/CPA with consumer products background preferred.
- This role requires an accute eye towards technical detail with a mid to long term strategic project management mindset.
- Strong IT skills required, must have expert-level experience with Excel.
- Financial reporting experience and ue of SAP, EIW, or similar systems highly desirable. Compass and magnitude reporting is a plus.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills; business acumen; leadership skills; oral and written communication; and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Strong cross-functional collaborator and people management skills required.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.